3 Minute Read:
Thinking about cosmetic facial rejuvenation? If you are concerned with wrinkles, sagging skin, or loss of volume in your face, there are several potential solutions.
A facelift may offer the most dramatic facial rejuvenation; however, patients who are not ready for a facelift (or not interested in a surgical procedure) may be able to benefit from a non-surgical treatment like a thread lift.
What Can a Facelift Achieve?
A traditional facelift is a surgical procedure that lifts, tightens, and remodels facial tissue and skin in the low to mid-face to accomplish the following:
- Reduce or eliminate fine lines and wrinkles
- Soften the creases that connect the sides of the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Lessen the deep lines that form at the corners of the mouth and extend to the chin (marionette lines)
- Sculpt the cheek areas to restore volume and youthful contours
- Smooth and tighten sagging skin
- Define the chin and jawline
Most facelift procedures include a neck lift to ensure tighter, smoother skin in this area for a seamless transition.
How Long Do Facelift Results Last?
A conventional facelift is estimated to last between 10 and 15 years. Since it cannot prevent the aging process from continuing, new wrinkles and skin laxity will eventually appear with time and additional environmental and sun damage.
Fortunately, while the aging process will continue, you will be starting from a better starting point than if you hadn’t had the procedure. In that sense, the results of a facelift never truly disappear.
What Can’t a Facelift Do?
A facelift treats the mid-face, lower face, and neck. It does not address:
- Droopy eyelids
- Frown lines
- Forehead wrinkles
- Sagging brow
However, other facial rejuvenation procedures can be added to treat issues such as these.
What Can Be Accomplished With a Thread Lift?
Threads are specially designed sutures inserted strategically beneath the skin to lift sagging tissues and trigger collagen production, often in the mid to lower face.
This treatment offers the following benefits:
- Convenient, in-office procedure
- No general anesthesia or incisions needed
- Minimally invasive with little downtime required
- Highly customizable and more versatile than a traditional facelift
- Can lift cheeks and tighten loose skin
- Instant, subtle results with continued improvement in skin quality and volume over the next two years as collagen is restored
What Can’t a Thread Lift Do?
While highly effective, a thread lift simply can’t deliver the same dramatic results as a surgical facelift. Additionally, results only last a couple of years.
That said, because it does not involve surgery and downtime, a thread lift is an excellent and convenient anti-aging method for men and women who are beginning to notice skin laxity and a decrease in facial fullness.
The Silhouette InstaLift®
Plastic surgeons highly recommend Silhouette InstaLift® as it offers a healthy and proactive alternative to a traditional facelift. The Silhouette InstaLift® uses threads with bi-directional cones that attach to and gently lift the skin. This process helps stimulate collagen production for lasting results.
Your Raleigh, NC, Facelift and Thread Lift Experts
Whether you’ve decided which procedure is right for you, or you want more details about our facelift and Silhouette InstaLift® services in Raleigh, North Carolina, call Specialists In Plastic Surgery at (919) 583-7969 today.