Buttock Lift in Raleigh, NC
A buttock lift in Raleigh NC, also known as butt lift or gluteoplasty, improves the buttock shape and contour. The procedure targets excess skin and fat in the gluteal area caused by aging, hereditary factors, or weight loss. A typical buttock lift involves removing skin and fat along the upper buttock and flank area through surgical excision and sometimes liposuction. Adding volume can also be performed by using the fat and skin as a rotational flap called a “gluteal auto-augmentation.” Not to be confused with the Brazilian Butt Lift, which is a different procedure that only adds volume to the buttock using a fat grafting technique.
Who is a Good Candidate?
- If you have loose, excess skin and fat along the upper buttock and lower back region
- If you had a massive weight loss procedure and want to improve your lower back and buttock torso region
- If your gluteal area is flat but you have excess skin and fat along the lower back region
- If your excess skin and fat is causing mobility issues or is making you feel self-conscious
- If you feel your self-image will improve with an improved buttock shape
If any of these conditions affect you
- You have lost weight and now have excess lower back/upper buttock skin affecting your shape
- You have significant skin laxity, excess skin in the buttock region and a sagging buttock
- Post-pregnancy skin and fat excess along the lower back /upper buttock region
- You weight loss has stabilized over the course of a year. Ideally you should not have this surgery if overweight
- Your health status is overall healthy with minimal medical conditions
How is a Buttock Lift Performed?
What Are my Options?
In your consultation, the surgeon will examine you skin and fat excess and determine a plan based on your skin quality, health status and expectations. If you have good skin quality and fat excess in the lower back area that is resistant to exercise, then liposuction will be the best option. If you have poor skin quality plus excess fat and skin then the skin excision and liposuction will need to be performed. And finally, if you have minimal fat and excess skin, then skin excess excision is needed. If your buttock volume is an issue, then the gluteal auto-augmentation may be necessary and/or buttock fat grafting. Ultimately, your physical exam findings and expectations will determine the operative plan.
How is a Buttock Lift Performed?
The buttock lift procedure has many variations that can be customized to your specific needs. In general the procedure is the following:
- The upper buttock and lower back skin and fat excess are marked and confirmed by the patient at pre-op
- Liposuction may or may not be use to help with improvement in the torso and buttock contour. This can sometimes be used in conjunction with skin and fat excision. Your surgeon will access if you are a good liposuction candidate during your consult.
- An incision is made along the underwear line between the lower back and upper buttock area. The skin and fat is either removed entirely or a part of the skin/fat flap is reserved to augment the buttock (i.e. gluteal auto-augmentation). Once the appropriate contour has been achieved the incisions are closed in multiple layers with absorbable sutures.
- Drains will be needed for this procedure. You will be placed in a compression support garment to help with swelling and maintain the improved shape.
What to Expect with Your Butt Lift in Raleigh, NC
If you are deemed a buttock lift candidate, then you will have an incision placed along the underwear line right above the buttock area. Where there is an incision, there will be a scar. We will do our best to conceal the scar as best we can. Most patients are willing to accept scars for a better shape, especially if it involves a better looking behind. Full recovery usually takes a month. It is important to note that future weight fluctuations could affect results.
- Your buttock region and lower back region will have an improved shape and contour
- The results are long-lasting and predictable
- Any issues or discomfort from excess skin will be improved
Schedule Your Butt Lift Consultation in Raleigh, NC
Our practice has been trusted in the Triangle for 25+ years. If you are ready to learn more about the Buttock Lift procedure, please contact our office in Raleigh to schedule a consultation.
Call Us: 919-785-0505