After you have lost a lot of weight, you may find that you are left with lots of hanging, deflated skin, plus some resistant fat that just won’t go away. You’ve tried everything, but nothing seems to get rid of it. If this sounds familiar, it may be time to consider your plastic surgery options for getting that body you’ve worked so hard for. Certain plastic surgery procedures are well-suited to addressing the physical issues that linger after major weight loss:
- Arm, back or buttock lift: These are areas of the body that are notoriously hard to get toned, even after you have lost a lot of weight. These procedures are targeted at loose, hanging skin. The results are tighter, better defined body contours.
- Body lift: This procedure removes excess skin, lifting and sculpting the abdomen and buttocks.
- Breast lift: Major weight loss often includes losing weight in your breasts, which can leave them saggy and deflated. A breast lift – often complimented by the placement of breast implants – restores perky, firm breasts.
- Male breast reduction: After a man has lost a lot of weight, he may find that excess fatty tissue in the chest persists, leading to the appearance of male breasts. Male breast reduction surgery gets rid of excess fat and skin to give men a more flattering chest.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can remove stubborn fat that you can’t seem to get rid of. It also helps to contour the body for the shape you want.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as a “tummy tuck,” this procedure may be the last step to getting the body you want, as it can tighten and smooth the stomach muscles and get rid of any excess skin.
- Facelift: When you lose pounds, it often includes a slimming of your face as the fat diminishes. Your face may have a saggy look because of the excess skin that is left behind. A facelift removes excess skin on the face and neck, improving the facial shape and contour.
It hardly seems fair that you have done all the work and have been so successful at losing weight, and yet you still don’t have the body you have always dreamed of. Don’t despair – one or more of these procedures from Specialists in Plastic Surgery in Raleigh, North Carolina, can help. Call (919) 785-0505 today to discuss which procedure (or procedures) may be right for you.