Tummy Tuck Alternatives in Raleigh, NC
Are you preparing for a big life event, such as a wedding or class reunion, and want to look your best? Did you accidently overindulge in snacks while staying home during the Covid pandemic? Would you like to eliminate that stubborn bulge that won’t budge no matter how much you diet and exercise?
Maybe you’re not a candidate for surgery or you prefer a non-invasive fat reduction treatment. Or you’re simply busy and just don’t have the time necessary for a surgical recovery!
If so, you could be a great candidate for CoolSculpting®!
Your Tummy Tuck Alternative
Our CoolSculpting® specialist at Specialists in Plastic Surgery is proud to provide this treatment as a non-surgical body contouring alternative to a tummy tuck. This treatment is effective, non-invasive, and offers permanent fat reduction with virtually no downtime!
This treatment is ideal for both men and women looking to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that have proven resistant to diet and exercise. Typically, ideal candidates are those close to or at their ideal weight, as CoolSculpting® is not a weight loss solution.
CoolSculpting® uses a process known as cryolipolysis that freezes fat cells without injuring the skin. Once frozen, the fat cells begin to crystallize, and the membrane dissolves.
During your CoolSculpting® treatment, a gel is applied to the targeted area. The device pulls fatty tissue into an applicator producing a tugging sensation, followed by cooling in the area treated. You are free to take a nap, read, or watch Netflix to pass the time!
After your treatment, macrophages (a type of white blood cell) work to remove the dead fat cells over the following few months.
Most candidates require at least two treatment sessions of CoolSculpting® to achieve optimal results and will see those results 3 to 4 months after their last CoolSculpting® session.
How Do You Know if You Are a CoolSculpting® Candidate?
Not all patients qualify for non-surgical body sculpting and fat reduction methods. They are most effective for patients who are close to their ideal weight and have:
- Pinchable fat
- Specific problem areas
- Good skin elasticity
What Are the Benefits of CoolSculpting®?
- Non-invasive – Because no surgery is involved, no recovery period or time off work is required.
- Convenience – You can return to work and daily activities immediately.
- Natural-looking results – There are no incisions. Your body will change like it does with diet and exercise.
- Diverse uses – Treatment areas include the abdomen, chin, back, arms, love handles, and thighs.
- Increased self-confidence – Improving your appearance is a guaranteed way to boost confidence. Body contouring makes it possible to look and feel better.
- Long-lasting results – With commitment to a healthy lifestyle, you can have long-lasting results. But the results take time, so you’ll need a little patience.
How Should I Prepare for CoolSculpting®?
- Bring a book or other device to use for entertainment during your procedure.
- Avoid using aspirin products or NSAIDs for a week before the procedure.
- Avoid tanning for a couple of days before your treatment.
- Be sure your skin is clean, and do not apply any creams or lotions on the day of your procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes and undergarments on the day of your procedure. Submental (under the chin) treatment patients should avoid turtle necks and collared shirts.
Recovery After a Body Contouring Procedure
There is only minimal downtime associated with CoolSculpting®, but mild swelling, bruising, and irritation may occur. You can return to work and other routine activities immediately after your procedure.
What Risks Are There With Non-surgical Treatments?
The following are common side-effects of non-surgical treatments:
- Discoloration of the skin
- Skin sensitivity
Rare and less common side effects include:
- Muscle spasms
You can reduce your risks by following our CoolSculpting® specialist’s instructions
When Will I See My Results?
You could begin to notice results in as little as 3 to 4 weeks. Results will continue to improve for 3 to 4 months.
Why Should I Choose Specialists in Plastic Surgery for Non-surgical Body Contouring?
With our top-tier training, experience, and artistry, we create individualized, meticulous outcomes for all areas of the body, breasts, and face. We are committed to excellence, providing a caring and warm atmosphere with personalized service. Our philosophy is, “What is important to you is crucial to us.”
Our team understands the need for a customized treatment plan to meet your unique needs. You can rely on us for compassionate care and a variety of transformative treatments!