Our practice is following the precautionary actions required to ensure the health and safety of all patients and staff.
What you can do as a patient:
- All patients will be required to sign a COVID-19 consent and asked a pre-screening questionnaire prior to their appointment.
- Patients are encouraged to use our online portal to complete all forms prior to their appointment (we apologize, but no iPads will be available). All information and consents will be sent prior to your visit and need to be signed electronically prior to your appointment.
- You will be receiving text messages for appointment reminders. We ask you respond to these messages.
- To ensure social distancing, we are requesting that upon arrival for your appointment that you wait in the comfort and safety of your vehicle. You will call our office to notify us that you have arrived. We will call you when your ready to be seen.
- A staff member will greet you at the door and check your temperature. Any temperature over 100 degrees and/or active symptoms will kindly be asked to reschedule their appointment for at least two weeks.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask to their appointment.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Only patients being seen will be allowed in the office. If you require a guest, we can only accommodate one guest. They will undergo the same pre-screening process.
- We ask all patients considered to be high risk to review the CDC guidelines and understand them before making an appointment.
- Virtual Consults are offered for your convenience.
What we will do as providers:
- All of our staff members will be wearing face masks and abiding social distance guidelines.
- All of our staff will be screened daily for COVID-related symptoms and daily temperatures will be taken.
- Providers will be wearing gloves when appropriate.
- Patient exam rooms will be thoroughly sanitized after each visit.
- Common areas will be sanitized frequently.
- Front desk, front countertops and credit card machine equipment will be thoroughly cleaned after each use.
- Our AAAASF certified operating rooms have implemented COVID safety guidelines.
FAQ for patients planning to or have already had surgery:
If I receive a COVID vaccine when can I have surgery at Specialists in Plastic Surgery?
If you receive a COVID vaccine we ask that you plan for your surgery to occur at least 2 weeks in advance of receiving the vaccine.
If I just had surgery at Specialists in Plastic Surgery and wanted to receive a COVID vaccine how soon can I receive it?
If you recently had surgery at our facility we recommend waiting at least 2 weeks after your surgery to receive the COVID vaccine.
Thank you for your patience and assistance in helping limit the impact of the COVID-19 virus within our office and community.