"I am more confident. I am no longer self-conscious. Even my posture has improved. This new freedom allows me to better focus on others.."08/24/2016
Breast Lift in the Raleigh, NC Area
Breast lift surgery is performed by our team of board-certified plastic surgeons at Specialists in Plastic Surgery. We would love to meet with you to discuss your own personal circumstances and unique goals with this breast enhancement procedure. To schedule your private consultation with one of our experienced breast surgeons, please contact our Raleigh plastic surgery office at (919)-785-0505 or by filling out our online contact form.
What is a Breast Lift?
Drooping or sagging of the breasts is a common concern for many women – either simply because of age or due to life factors such as childbirth or significant weight loss. When the skin surrounding the breasts loses elasticity, it can cause them to point downward and sit lower on the body than desired. Breast lift surgery (or mastopexy) is a procedure performed to remove excess skin to create a more youthful and perky appearance of the breasts.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
We recommend breast lift surgery to women who are struggling with any of the following concerns:
- Sagging or drooping of the breasts
- A flattened or elongated shape of the breasts
- Nipples that fall below the breast crease when unsupported
- Downward-pointing nipples and areolas
- Stretched skin and/or enlarged areolas
- Asymmetrical positioning of the breasts
These concerns are extremely common and may occur for a number of reasons, including age, genetics, weight loss, and pregnancy.
A breast lift alone will not increase the fullness of the breasts or reduce their overall size, but can be combined with other breast enhancement procedures to achieve the desired outcome.
What Does Breast Lift Surgery Entail?
Simply put, a breast lift is a cosmetic breast enhancement procedure that is used to restore a more youthful position and appearance of the breasts. This is done by removing excess skin in order to improve elasticity and carefully reposition the breast. In some cases, this may require also repositioning the nipples in order to correct any downward pointing that often occurs with age.
Your specific breast lift will be personalized based on your existing condition and personal goals. Certain aspects of the surgery will vary from patient to patient, including the incision location and type. Your Specialist plastic surgeon will work with you to determine the best approach for your surgery, creating a customized surgical plan completely tailored to you.
Breast lift surgery at Specialists in Plastic Surgery is performed under intravenous (local) sedation or general anesthesia administered by our board-certified anesthesiologist. Most surgical procedures are completed on-site at our AAAASF accredited surgical facility to ensure each patient the safest and most rewarding experience.
Breast lift Before and After
Can a Breast Lift Be Combined with Other Breast Procedures?
At Specialists in Plastic Surgery, many of our patients wish to undergo a complete rejuvenation of their breasts by combining breast lift surgery with a breast augmentation (the use of breast implants). This popular combination helps to address two major concerns women have with their breasts as they get older: drooping/sagging and a loss of volume. Both happen naturally with age and can occur earlier in life due to one or multiple pregnancies. With this combination, the breasts are tightened and repositioned with a breast lift, while the augmentation portion helps to replenish volume and a youthful shape – all in a single procedure.
With patients who have experienced significant weight loss, a lift may be combined with breast reduction surgery. However, in some cases, a reduction alone may be sufficient.
How Long is the Recovery Period Following Breast Lift Surgery?
Once your breast lift is completed, our plastic surgery team will apply the necessary dressings and bandages over the closed incisions. An elastic compression bandage will also be provided in order to help reduce swelling. Your plastic surgeon will give you specific and detailed aftercare instructions depending on your specific case.
Recovery time will vary from patient to patient. It is recommended that you allow yourself 1-2 weeks before returning to work and light activity, and 3-6 weeks before resuming more strenuous exercise. However, it is important to be wary of your body and consult your surgeon if you are experiencing any unusual pain or discomfort.
When Will the Breast Lift Results Be Noticeable?
You will notice an immediate difference in the look and position of your breasts following your breast lift surgery. Swelling, bruising, and scarring is normal and to be expected during the healing process. These post-surgical signs will gradually fade over time, revealing younger, beautifully positioned breasts.
Although no plastic surgery procedure can completely prevent the natural effects of aging for good, breast lift surgery will provide extremely long-lasting results. Many women experience higher levels of self-confidence following their procedure and feel more like themselves. Our plastic surgeons specialize in providing extremely natural-looking results that are unique to each individual patients’ goals and figure.
See What Our Patients Have to Say…
- It was my first consultation visit and feel I will be better able to critique and rate my experience as we move forward. I will say the staff was pleasant and accommodating and the doctor was straight forward and prepared to address any questions or concerns I might have. Overall I was made to feel comfortable and cared for. So far, so good!
- “My 16 year old daughter had a breast reduction by Dr. Russell. He was the nicest plastic surgeon ever! He was so nice and my daughter felt so comfortable with him. She is a very shy and self-conscious teenager and I thought she would be very uncomfortable with a male doctor, but she said she was very comfortable with Dr. Russell. Every thing that he said was going to happen, happened exactly that way. My daughter had never been in a hospital except when she was born, so she was very nervous about being put under, however, she had 100% confidence in Dr. Russell. I was actually shocked that she was not spazzing out! He did such a great job and my daughter’s experience was so altogether great that I went for a tummy tuck consultation with him. I am just waiting to be able to take the time off from work to have it done.”
Schedule Your Breast Lift Consultation in Raleigh
Our plastic surgeons have over 75 years of combined experience in cosmetic plastic surgery. Once you feel ready, we would love to speak with you about your breast lift surgery options. Please give our office a call at (919)-785-0505 to schedule your private consultation at Specialists in Plastic Surgery. We are proud to serve patients in Raleigh, North Carolina, and its surrounding areas, as well as those coming from out-of-town.