Richard E. Carlino, MD, FACS
With our top-tier training, experience and artistry, we are able to create individualized, meticulous outcomes for all areas of the body, breasts and face. We are committed to excellence, providing a caring and warm atmosphere with personalized service. Our philosophy is “What is important to you is crucial to us.”
Plastic Surgery is about change–sometimes it’s a change in a feature that a person doesn’t like, or perhaps it’s about body features that have changed with time; sometimes it’s about maintenance and looking as good as you feel. My goals are threefold:
- To offer my patients an extraordinary level of expertise in a very individual and personalized setting.
- To understand the aesthetic goals of my patients while helping to establish realistic expectation.
- Above all, to form a comfortable and trusting relationship allowing each patient to undergo his or her surgery with confidence.
Training complements ability. Some cosmetic surgeons receive limited training with limited exposure. Cosmetic surgery is about performing procedures, while Plastic Surgery is about developing artistry and concepts.
It is about working with patients and defining the correct procedures to perform to get their desired results. It’s about the ability to understand and communicate realistic from unrealistic aesthetic goals. With every patient, I work to combine my in-depth plastic surgery training (over 19 years of experience as a plastic surgeon in the Triangle) and ability as a surgeon to provide each patient with extraordinary results.
- Board-certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Medical School: Rutgers Medical School
- General Surgery Residency: University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Duke University Medical Center
- Hand Fellowship: Kleinert Hand Center
- Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate Fellowship: Taipei, Taiwan
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgery
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Wake County Medical Society
- UNC Rex Hospital
Get in touch.
Please fill out the form below. Our Patient Care Coordinators will contact you to schedule.
|3633 Harden Road #200 Raleigh, NC 27607|
|Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm|