"The office staff was so professional and I loved my experience!! It is always pleasant!!"01/26/15
Are you interested in preparing for a big life event, such as a wedding or class reunion? Or would you simply like to eliminate that stubborn bulge that won’t budge no matter how much you diet or exercise? If so, then we have the perfect solution for you!
FREEZE THE FAT
We are excited to offer CoolSculpting®, the FDA-cleared, non-invasive, no downtime, and permanent fat reduction procedure. For busy individuals, we offer Dual CoolSculpting, which allows you to treat twice the fat in half the time! Results look natural and are determined effective based on plastic surgery literature.
Here at Specialists in Plastic Surgery, PA we take pride in our patients. We want to ensure you leave here feeling confident that you made the right decision. We offer complimentary CoolSculpting consultations to all our patients where you are given a personalized treatment plan that fits your needs. At this appointment, you get the opportunity to meet one-on-one with one of our five physicians.
…Call Us (919)-785-0505
CoolSculpting Treatment Map
CoolSculpting Frequently Asked Questions:
Am I a good candidate?
- Although we see a variety of liposuction patients, we also see many patients who are interested in fat reduction even though the amount of unwanted fat they desire to have removed is not enough to require the traditional surgical procedure. This type of patient is typically in good health and close to their ideal weight. They may have small to medium-sized pockets of excess fat that won’t respond to diet and/or exercise.
What happens during the treatment?
- CoolSculpting uses a process known as cyrolipolysis. During treatment, heat is extracted from the body and cold temperature is applied externally to CoolSculpting uses a process known as cyrolipolysis. During treatment, heat is extracted from the body and cold temperature is applied externally to areas of unwanted fat. This technique freezes the fat cells without damaging the skin. Once the fat cells are targeted and frozen, they begin to crystallize and the fat cell membrane dissolves. This triggers the macrophages or “clean up cells” to come in and eliminate the dead cells as waste over the months following treatment. Other procedures that use laser and sonic waves to remove fat can damage other tissue in the process by burning or shattering non-fat cells and leave scar tissue behind.
How much does CoolSculpting cost?
- The price for the CoolSculpting procedure varies depending on your areas of concern, the number of sessions needed, and your ultimate goals. We will help create a customized treatment plan, in person, that’s tailored to your body, your goals, and your budget.
How long is each session? How many will I need?
- Once we create your personalized treatment plan at your consultation we can calculate the length of time the treatment will take. This will all depend on how many areas are being treated. To meet your goals, a second session may be required.
Where does the fat go? Is this treatment permanent?
- Once the fat cells are crystalized or frozen, your body naturally process the dead fat cells through your lymphatic system. Once the fat cells are gone, they are gone forever.
What does the procedure feel like?
- Cold is a natural anesthetic! During the first 5-10 minutes, there is intense cold and pressure. After those first few minutes, the area goes numb and the discomfort dissipates. During the procedure, many people read, work or watch movies.
Is the procedure safe?
- CoolSculpting is proud to say they are FDA cleared and have performed over 4.5 million treatments and have over 75 peer reviewed clinical studies – making it the most proven non-invasive body contouring device on the market!
What are the side effects?
- Typical side effects include temporary numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging and pain. Rare side effects may also occur.
Is there any downtime following the procedure?
- There ultimately isn’t any downtime from the CoolSculpting procedure. However, some people experience swelling and numbness that could hinder you from working out for a few days following the procedure. Although not required but highly recommended, a compression is suggested for comfort for the first seven days.
When should I start seeing results?
- You may start to see reduction in the first three to four weeks and will experience the most dramatic results after three months.
What happens if I gain weight?
- Patients who invest their money into their body tend to watch their weight. However, if you do gain weight it will be evenly distributed throughout your entire body and not just in the treated area.
*Patient results and experience may vary.
…Call Us (919)-785-0505